If divorce happens.Can husband deny financial responsibility of child?

I need to know about child custody, if divorce happens. What about his future, all expenses etc. What if my in laws and husband deny taking child responsibility, and its difficult for me to feed the baby in this situation? How to secure his / her life?

Answer

If the child is below 5 years of age, then the court in most of the circumstances, grants the custody to the mother, and if the child is a girl child, even then the court prefers that the mother should have the custody of the child.

However, if the child is above five years of age, then the court, in view of the various circustances, can grant the custody to either of the parents.

In any case whatsoever, the father of the child cannot evade the expenses for the maintainance of the child and wife.

In case of a Divorce, the father can be made to pay the permanent alimony for the wife and the child's expenses.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers