Husband wants custody of child. How to ensure good future of child?
I want to take divorce by mutual consent. My husband wants to keep my daughter. Even if I do allow it, my 8-year old wants to stay with me because she feels she can only be sad with her father. What steps should I take to ensure a better future?
It is a mutual decision that both you parents have to take for the benefit of the child. In case both of you are adamant to retain the custody of the child, you can file a case for custody of the child and seek a decree thereof. Otherwise, you can mutually agree that you shall have the custody of the child and can give visitation rights to the father so that the child can be with both of you.
If you have decided to sort your issues by mutual divorce, we would recommend that you sort the issue of the child mutually for the benefit of the child.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I claim marriage expenses in divorce case
- Is it necessary for executive directors to be on board of directors
- Sold my car. Now the person is not transferring the RC in his own name
- Boyfriend threatening and blackmailing me to stay with him
- Uncle bluffing to sell property what can we do