quesHusband wants custody of child. How to ensure good future of child?

I want to take divorce by mutual consent. My husband wants to keep my daughter. Even if I do allow it, my 8-year old wants to stay with me because she feels she can only be sad with her father. What steps should I take to ensure a better future?

  • ans

    It is a mutual decision that both you parents have to take for the benefit of the child. In case both of you are adamant to retain the custody of the child, you can file a case for custody of the child and seek a decree thereof. Otherwise, you can mutually agree that you shall have the custody of the child and can give visitation rights to the father so that the child can be with both of you.


    If you have decided to sort your issues by mutual divorce, we would recommend that you sort the issue of the child mutually for the benefit of the child.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

For child custody is there counseling of only the parents of the kid or also…

I dont want the Divorce. But My wife wants a Divorce from me and also…

Im a mother of a one year old daughter. Im having problems with my husband…

under which Section can the Parents claim for the custody of the child?

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly