×

quesHusband wants custody of child. How to ensure good future of child?

I want to take divorce by mutual consent. My husband wants to keep my daughter. Even if I do allow it, my 8-year old wants to stay with me because she feels she can only be sad with her father. What steps should I take to ensure a better future?

It is a mutual decision that both you parents have to take for the benefit of the child. In case both of you are adamant to retain the custody of the child, you can file a case for custody of the child and seek a decree thereof. Otherwise, you can mutually agree that you shall have the custody of the child and can give visitation rights to the father so that the child can be with both of you.

If you have decided to sort your issues by mutual divorce, we would recommend that you sort the issue of the child mutually for the benefit of the child.