custody of child after broken marriage
Dear Sir, I am going through a disturbed married life. After subsequent arguments and misleading information, she is at her mother's place and refusing to come back, after repeated requests. The child who is 2 years old is with her and she along with her mother are refusing to give him. She even slammed the door on me yesterday, after a heated argument. How do I get the child ?
For custody of the child, if a child is under 5 years, the courts usually prefer to hand over custody to the mother of the child, the primary question in focus for the court is keeping the child's welfare in mind. Whereas in several Supreme Court judgments, there is no distinction as to whom the court should prefer in handing over the custody.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Does expired insurance affect compensation in case of accident?
- Can we cancel settlement deed if the property is sold to 3rd party?
- Can we withdraw criminal case back if parties have compromised
- What action can be taken if Transport department is not responding
- Where can I file my divorce case in which city