quescustody of child after broken marriage

Dear Sir, I am going through a disturbed married life. After subsequent arguments and misleading information, she is at her mother's place and refusing to come back, after repeated requests. The child who is 2 years old is with her and she along with her mother are refusing to give him. She even slammed the door on me yesterday, after a heated argument. How do I get the child ?

• ansFor custody of the child, if a child is under 5 years, the courts usually prefer to hand over custody to the mother of the child, the primary question in focus for the court is keeping the child's welfare in mind. Whereas in several Supreme Court judgments, there is no distinction as to whom the court should prefer in handing over the custody.