custody of child after broken marriage
Dear Sir, I am going through a disturbed married life. After subsequent arguments and misleading information, she is at her mother's place and refusing to come back, after repeated requests. The child who is 2 years old is with her and she along with her mother are refusing to give him. She even slammed the door on me yesterday, after a heated argument. How do I get the child ?
For custody of the child, if a child is under 5 years, the courts usually prefer to hand over custody to the mother of the child, the primary question in focus for the court is keeping the child's welfare in mind. Whereas in several Supreme Court judgments, there is no distinction as to whom the court should prefer in handing over the custody.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My husband is cheating on me. What are my legal rights?
- Dispute of agricultural land
- Girl after marriage not wiling to stay with me from parents pressure.
- What is insider dealing and related laws?
- Not vacate suit possession infact they move from 1st floor to 2 floor