quescustody of child after broken marriage

Dear Sir, I am going through a disturbed married life. After subsequent arguments and misleading information, she is at her mother's place and refusing to come back, after repeated requests. The child who is 2 years old is with her and she along with her mother are refusing to give him. She even slammed the door on me yesterday, after a heated argument. How do I get the child ?

  • ansFor custody of the child, if a child is under 5 years, the courts usually prefer to hand over custody to the mother of the child, the primary question in focus for the court is keeping the child's welfare in mind. Whereas in several Supreme Court judgments, there is no distinction as to whom the court should prefer in handing over the custody.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir i am Muslim my wife has a affair with another man.i want to apply…
Hello All.. I am 21 years old and my girlfriend also 21 years old.. We…
I am unmarried father,my biological son is 5 yrs old and I want legal custody…
We r not divorced yet. But I want my child Custody. He is around 7…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly