claiming child's custody
After talking mutual divorce from first husband, now i am married with a man legally. My 5 years old son is with my first husband where he is ill-treated because first husband also got married. Can I get custody and maintenance of my minor son?
Minor child are committed to the custody of mother,a father who is proven to neglect the child is not handed with the child custody. However there is no hard and fast rule and the paramount factor in decision is welfare of the child.
You can file a suit under Wards and Guardian Act in District or Family Court to fight for your sons custody.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- chances of getting child custody of 8 year old son
- Can I claim for expenses for attending court proceedings property case
- Phone didn't replace on time. Now warranty outraged.
- How to start a financial company that takes investment from people?
- Will my services be terminated after the end of my contract