claiming child's custody
After talking mutual divorce from first husband, now i am married with a man legally. My 5 years old son is with my first husband where he is ill-treated because first husband also got married. Can I get custody and maintenance of my minor son?
Minor child are committed to the custody of mother,a father who is proven to neglect the child is not handed with the child custody. However there is no hard and fast rule and the paramount factor in decision is welfare of the child.
You can file a suit under Wards and Guardian Act in District or Family Court to fight for your sons custody.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife threatens me and my mother also ill treat with us what to do
- Can I take urban land ceiling to consumer court?
- How can I legally become a partner of a startup company.
- Husband disinterested in sex. Talks at night on phone.
- Internet provider wants us to pay bill with interest