quesclaiming child's custody

After talking mutual divorce from first husband, now i am married with a man legally. My 5 years old son is with my first husband where he is ill-treated because first husband also got married. Can I get custody and maintenance of my minor son?

  • ansMinor child are committed to the custody of mother,a father who is proven to neglect the child is not handed with the child custody. However there is no hard and fast rule and the paramount factor in decision is welfare of the child.

    You can file a suit under Wards and Guardian Act in District or Family Court to fight for your sons custody.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can I get the custody of my daughter from a person whom I not married?
Age limit of children in case of divorce and please let me know in whose…
Hello, My sister is separated and is with us for the last 5yrs. She has…
My wife is living seperately from me since May 2016. I am in Jaipur and…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly