claiming child's custody

After talking mutual divorce from first husband, now i am married with a man legally. My 5 years old son is with my first husband where he is ill-treated because first husband also got married. Can I get custody and maintenance of my minor son?

Minor child are committed to the custody of mother,a father who is proven to neglect the child is not handed with the child custody. However there is no hard and fast rule and the paramount factor in decision is welfare of the child.

You can file a suit under Wards and Guardian Act in District or Family Court to fight for your sons custody.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers