Procedure to get succession certificate

09-Apr-2023 (In Wills / Trusts Law)
We have applied for a succession certificate in 2013 to claim the shares of Bata company which was in the sole name of my deceased father. Petition number 50 of 2013. We have paid Rs.41000 to the Assistant director to the Administrator general Mumbai Maharashtra state. The matter has also been published in the local newspaper on 18 Jan 2016. Our advocate isn't cooperating as it's almost 5 years now and there's little progress in our case. PL advice us. Thanks
Answers (6)

Answer #1
794 votes
Yes you can apply for succession certificate in Shivaji nagar court. Need more information to advice on this matter.
Procure documents required for applying . Death Certificate, Ration , photo I'd proof etc
Answer #2
900 votes
The matter for Succession Certificate or Heirship Certificate takes max to max 1 year, not more then that. If the paper publication is done you are left over with on affidavit formalities to be filed before the Hon'ble Court. Regards.
Answer #3
801 votes
As per your say you applied for succession certificate in 2013 and matter has been published in local newspaper on 18/01/2016 and it's a already too delay to get Succession Certificate and in that your advocate is not co operating.
Actually After publishing matter in local news paper nothing remained in your matter, it should have got till today.
Change your advocate forthwith and appoint right one advocate who would proceed matter speedily.
Answer #4
719 votes
you can contact me i will surely help u in the matter.
Answer #5
817 votes
You should have received the succession certificate by now. Could you tell the petition no. and the name of the parties. What is the stage of the proceedings?
Is this your case? WRIT PETITION NO.50 OF 2013, ?
Answer #6
554 votes
Dear Querist, You are suppose to file Succession Certificate in the Court whose jurisdiction the property is situated or the deceased person last resided. If there is consent from all the legal heirs and few objections/ compliance from the Court/department, then it will take alteast 8-9 months.

Please feel free to call us for further queries.

Rakesh V. Misar

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."