Procedure to claim back property transferred through unregistered will

My grandfather purchased land in 1971 . he died in 1996 .recently we know the land documents, we r searched all land records, all are favorable us .but land is occupied and forming who sold to my grandfather. He shows to me my grandfather wrote a will in his name . But still he is not transfer the land records in his name . so tell me may I claim this land

Answers (1)

240 votes

You can file a suit for declaration that the land was purchased by your grandfather and, after his death, will belong to his legal heirs. You can also refute the Will being shown by the alleged purchaser on the ground that even after more than twenty years, the land is still in your grandfather's name and hence the Will cannot be relied on. Please seek a lawyer for expert guidance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."