×

queshow to revoke power of attorney

What are the steps I need to take to revok a power of attorney asap. I am currently living in Canada and am concerned that someone Igave power of aattorney may sell my land with out my consent. I do not want my land sold.

Regarding cancellation/revocation, it can be cancelled/revoked by mutual consent of both parties by making a revocation deed registered before the same sub-registrar where the power was registered.

If the agent does not  agree then the executor of the power of attorney can cause an intimation to the agent expressing his/her interest to cancel the power of Attorney.

In case the power of attorney is registered deed then you have to cancel it through a deed of cancellation/revocation & that too has to be registered. In case the power of attorney is not registered then it can be cancelled by a registered letter written on plan paper & sent to  the person/authority for whom this POA deed was made along with a copy to the person in whose favor this was given.

Subsequently proper public notice can be given in two news papers (one shall be vernacular news paper) locally well circulated.

• ansRegarding cancellation/revocation, it can be cancelled/revoked by mutual consent of both parties by making a revocation deed registered before the same sub-registrar where the power was registered.
    If the agent does not agree then the executor of the power of attorney can cause an intimation to the agent expressing his/her interest to cancel the power of Attorney. In case the power of attorney is registered deed then you have to cancel it through a deed of cancellation/revocation & that too has to be registered. In case the power of attorney is not registered then it can be cancelled by a registered letter written on plan paper & sent to the person/authority for whom this POA deed was made along with a copy to the person in whose favor this was given.Subsequently proper public notice can be given in two news papers (one shall be vernacular news paper) locally well circulated.

• Click here to Get your Power of Attorney Drafted/Registered at a fixed fee
  • Draft Your Will With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Wills / Trusts Legal Services