×

Clarification on rights of executor of Will after death of testator

As I am an executor of a WILL (scheduled property being Residential House ) which was registered after the death of testator. Am I entitled to get the Khata transferred in my name. The property is in Bangalore and when I approached BBMP for the same, they said Khata will be transferred but your name will not come in the Khata certificate. This I was not able to understand and the BBMP authority was hesitant to answer my questions. So, please help me in understanding the same. How can the WILL be executed and when can I say that the property is being absolutely transferred in my name?

When you are the executor of a will, you are to manage the estate of the deceased in the manner contained in the will.
Unless you are the beneficiary of the property under the will, the khata would not be transferred in your name.

Executor of a will is not entitled to get transfer of property of testator under the will It is the beneficiary that is entitled to but not executor
To have better knowledge about WILLs you may refer to the book "Law of Wills in India" by Prof V Narayana Swamy available at Bangalore High Court book stalls

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Anubhav Almadi
District Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon
Advocate Riddhi Shah
Borivali East, Mumbai
Advocate Namrata Jayakar
Churchgate, Mumbai
Advocate Saurabh Dalal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh