Clarification on rights of executor of Will after death of testator

As I am an executor of a WILL (scheduled property being Residential House ) which was registered after the death of testator. Am I entitled to get the Khata transferred in my name. The property is in Bangalore and when I approached BBMP for the same, they said Khata will be transferred but your name will not come in the Khata certificate. This I was not able to understand and the BBMP authority was hesitant to answer my questions. So, please help me in understanding the same. How can the WILL be executed and when can I say that the property is being absolutely transferred in my name?

Answers (2)

When you are the executor of a will, you are to manage the estate of the deceased in the manner contained in the will.
Unless you are the beneficiary of the property under the will, the khata would not be transferred in your name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Executor of a will is not entitled to get transfer of property of testator under the will It is the beneficiary that is entitled to but not executor
To have better knowledge about WILLs you may refer to the book "Law of Wills in India" by Prof V Narayana Swamy available at Bangalore High Court book stalls

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Will

4.4 | 122 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Will review by a local experienced advocate
Will at Home

No Ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Will drafted at home by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Wills / Trusts Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 351 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Will / Trust issue
Create a Trust

4.8 | 132 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - Create a Trust through a local experienced advocate
Probate of Will

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Filing for Probate of Will through a local experienced advocate
Draft a Will

4.8 | 276 ratings
30 Min Intro Call + Start to finish help - A customised Will drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

This is a probate matter for letter of adm with Will annexed. Summons were sent by court to both sisters. One sister received but no body from her sid…

Read More

There are 2 will which will is going to be decided…

Read More

My uncle made a will in 2007 and we also had a doctors certificate made for the same . Now my uncle is suffering from Alzheimer, do we have to make a…

Read More

My granddad 's will declared yesterday states just a small amount and 550 Sq. Ft flat to my father.who is the eldest and my uncle who is younger h…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue