Tax & pan card whether mandatory for rent below 1 lakh per annum

Hi, My company have made landlord's PAN card as mandatory though my rent is less than 1 Lakh per annum. So, I can't claim HRA and again filing for IT Returns.. Can we file anything for this towards my company?

Answers (1)

you have not mentioned then rent amount, so want able to clarify clearly. The company have to deducted the TDS for having paying rents and deducted the TDS and deposit to Income Tax Department. For Depositing to Income Tax PAN Number is must and should.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Devansh Bhardwaj
Lal Bagh, Lucknow
13 years Experience
Advocate Nagendra Prasad
Kumara Park West, Bangalore
31 years Experience
Advocate Deepak Gandhi
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
3 years Experience
Advocate N Sudalai Muthu
Ram Nagar, Madurai
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

If a person is not paying his/her income yet means he hasn’t started filing itr and having income around 2.5 lacs. Now if he/she started paying …

Read More

While Purchasing a property Builder charged VAT and Service Tax , whether I can ask for Tax Invoice against the same from Builder…

Read More

my sister died leaving her saving ac to me as she had made me nominee. she also left KVP ( with her name first and second name mine E or S). What will…

Read More

Dear sir/ma'am, My mother is working with NC Rly Jhansi division. She had been given this job in 2012 on compassionate ground after the sudden dem…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue