20-Aug-2023 (In Supreme Court Law)
I want to do PIP in Supreme Court , do I still have to go thru an ADVOCATE ON RECORD . Also want to engage a junior lawyer to help me with procedures in Supreme Court etc .

Answers (2)

Answer #1
910 votes
Hi. To file a case before the Hon'ble Supreme Court it is mandatory to go through an Advocate on Record. you may also file in-person but then all complex formalities like getting it listed, cleared from the registry etc will have to be taken care of by you personally. I am an Advocate on Record so you may contact me for further consultation.
Answer #2
833 votes
Advocate on record is only used for filing of the matter and just the entry of the case. Aor usually don't argue the case and for which an arguing counsel is engaged in the matter who will draft the SLP as well formulate the law points and argue it eventually. The procedure of SLP is by its literal interpretation which means that special leave to appeal, firstly, the courts need to be satisfied as to why this special right after due adjudication of the dispute is needed intervention and then it is heard on merits.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."