Can my personal data is given to my wife.

I m govt servant,my divorce case is in court,my wife filed a rti in which she demand for my saving account number and pan number...can my office can give this information to my wife or not? Hindu religion

Answers (1)

233 votes

If rti is filed under the position of wife then rti may not be entertained by your department virtue of being private personally identifiable information.However when it is filed as a private citizen seeking already public information such as assets declaration then it is allowed. Depends really on the application form for RTI.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles