Buyer not transferring ownership of bike, Renew insurance with my name

In R.T.I Law
I have given my bike to someone in 2016, That person didn't transfer ownership of bike. While checking on mParivahan application i have found that he is using insurance under my name and address. I have called that insurance company but didn't able to found his current contact details because that person didn't provided correct phone # to insurance company. Also he provided my previous address to insurance company where i had lived 8 years ago. Now i have lost my bike sell letter. Unable to contact that person. Please suggest me what i have to do now. I am afraid in case of accident or any misshaping in the eyes of legal system i will be hold responsible because bike is still under my name.

Answers (1)

328 votes
In this situation where you are unable to contact to the buyer, then you have to lodge FIR. If any accident or any mishapinig occurs you have to pay for the claims and held liable. if you are having any other query or questions you can contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Vikash Shangari
City Civil Court, Jamshedpur
16 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."