How to recover money from a friend who I gave cash to

4 year back I gave some money to my known by cash he gave me a check my name and amount filled by him without date now he refuse to give my money please help

Answers (5)

Prior to present the cheque you must consult with lawyer. The cheque is supposed to be bounced in the given situation. There are certain things to be kept in mind and it is rquired to proceed cautiously. So get in touch with me to know how to go ahead.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear sir, you can file complaint under section 138 of n. i act for recovery of your money ,in other words this is a cheque bounce case. fill the date in the said cheque and draw in your bank account. File complaint after you got the cheque bounce.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience

Hi, you can file a complaint under section 138 NI act and can compel him to come before the court and return all the amount that he had taken. But before filing you have to serve a legal notice upon him to demand your amount.

You hv to clear full situation. When you got chq. any proof regarding cash payment. Telephonic conversation etc if any. Then you can file recovery suit. You can also present chq in bank and file case u/s 138 of NI act if chq. Dishonor. But you should ensure before filing suit beacuse in this situation if your friend is cheating you then in one hand he gave you chq and another hand he file FIR for chq lost then you will fall in trouble. So it is better come with all detail and discuss. Definatly you can recover your money.

Dear Sir,
You can file a case against your friend under section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act,
before filing case we first send a legal notice than we can file a case. nature of the proceeding are criminal.
So you can definitely get your money back through court .
Karan Lohia

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I gave a amount of 41k to my friend becoz he told me that he will invest in shares and give me 5k every month and instead of direct moneu transfer he …

Read More

gas cylinder fatne se durghatna se hue nuksan ke liye legal remedy kya hai. gas company ke alava kahan claim kar sakte hai…

Read More

Sir maine 2 years pahle kisi ko 1 lakh udar diya the par koi kanooni agreement nahi kiya tha kya ab me koi kanooni agreement kar sakta hu jisse maine …

Read More

I was accused by CBI of the case in march 2009 then the case was not included in Prevention of Money Laundering now ed has taken up a case of Prevent…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue