Will a lady get her share in property if she marries without divorcing

30 year later A lady marriage a first person and again she married second person #But she can't given divorced to first person . #Today both husband had died. @ is there right of lady in second husband property. & Is in this case 494 will attract. I will wait for your answer Thanks

Answers (1)

201 votes

Without giving divorce second marriage is illegal and comes within the purview of sec 494. But since the husband has died, the punishment provisions will not attract but she will be not entitled for share in property of second husband

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles