What rights do children have on ancestral property after fathers death

from wich he has gifted me 1000 to construct home in 1992,he made a registry stating that in 2500 sqft i am giving my second son a portion of 1000 sqft to build a house and he has no right on the rest of the property wich belongs to me and my two son. my father passed away in 1995 leaving no will for the rest of the property for his two son and one married daughter and wife, his wife( my mother) was leaving in same house with me on the said ancestral property till my mother death on 2015 with no involvement in building a home and family surroundings of rest two son and daughter but soon after death my elder brother got expired 2016 leaving no will for his wife who has no children leaving at her self owned property . now after the death of my mother and brother--- my sister and my brother wife and my younger brother came to my house to take share on the ancestral property of that 1500 sqft and want to sell that portion to a builder. Q-what r my rts on this said area ?

Dear Client,

Yes Children have lawful right on the ancestral property since birth. This appears to be a complex issue and mainly document based. It would be advices to have a personal consultation with advocate along with all the documents to get precise and correct advice.

Expert Jurist LLP

LH House, Bangalore