quesWant to sell my share of jointly acquired property

I am a Hindu. I have an Ancestral House jointly owned by 6 legal heirs, my mother two brothers and two sisters and me. Apart from my 1/6 Share I have got 4/6 Shares transferred to me by Release Deed from my mother, elder brother and two sisters making my Share 5/6. The remaining 1/6 share belongs to the legal heirs of my younger brother who expired on 04/04/2016. As the wife and two daughters of my deceased brother are not on talking terms with any of our Family I am unable to buyout their 1/6 share or sellout my 5/6 share to them. Kindly advise how to sell my 5/6 share of the House to any third Party in case of Financial necessity. All my efforts to contact my brother' wife and daughters through their relatives have failed and they remain silent and refuse to spell out their stand. Kindly advise. Thanks 

  • ans1. You can send a legal notice for partition.
    2. Based on their response or after 1 month, whichever is earlier, we shall file a suit for partition.
    3. Once you bring them court, you could insist for any solution.

    Advocate K S Rajeshkumar

      Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai

  • ansDeceased Younger brother's wife and two daughters are having equal share in 1/6 share of your younger brother in the anscesteral house.As per doctorine of premption if the legal heirs of your younger brother wants to sell the 1/6 of property it is only you having right to purchase the same.you can issue advocate notice to that effect. Or
    You can sell your 5/6 of share to any third party after making apportionment of 1/6 share to the legal heirs of your younger brother calling them through advocate's legal notice.

    Advocate B.A.Zahirudeen

      Kamarajar Salai, Mayiladuthurai

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

i am residing in paghdi system building, i have 1 room on 2nd floor and…
Dear Sir, My grandfather has written a will in Jan. 1988. He died in mid…
Sir my father buy a plot in my mothers name.my father expired in 1998.my mother…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 51
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 21 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 12 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly