Want to buy a property but owner lost documents of the property

Hi Sir, I am , we are looking for a flat which is a legal (OC CC) approved property in our budget in Mumbai,India but with a problem. I will be the fourth owner of the property but the legal chain agreement is missing of 1st and 2nd owner. Rather they have FIR copy informing about the loss of document and a Zerox copy of the second agreement approved by the registration office. we are not able to decide weather to go forward or not, as we don't have the idea about the legal documents required. so that their will not be any problem in future and with loan. can you please help us by throwing some light on the problem... it will be a very huge Help Thank You..

Answers (2)

143 votes

Issue general notice of said fact in two widely circulated news paper by way of paper publication and apply for certified copy with the concern registrar office in which jurisdiction said property is located .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

59 votes

1. You can file an application before the office of Sub-Registrar and demand all the property papers in respect of the property;
2. You can personally try to trace the 1st and 2nd owners and also file an RTI in that regard;
3. Make sure there is no legal case pending in respect of the property in any courts within the jurisdiction of the property;
4. Also make sure that the 3rd owner of that property. If all documents are in order, then that means he was the owner of that property and he has a perfect title which he can give to you.
5. Will need to assess every single paper in respect of the property then only appropriate adivce can be given.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles