×

Want to buy a property but owner lost documents of the property

Hi Sir, I am , we are looking for a flat which is a legal (OC CC) approved property in our budget in Mumbai,India but with a problem. I will be the fourth owner of the property but the legal chain agreement is missing of 1st and 2nd owner. Rather they have FIR copy informing about the loss of document and a Zerox copy of the second agreement approved by the registration office. we are not able to decide weather to go forward or not, as we don't have the idea about the legal documents required. so that their will not be any problem in future and with loan. can you please help us by throwing some light on the problem... it will be a very huge Help Thank You..

Issue general notice of said fact in two widely circulated news paper by way of paper publication and apply for certified copy with the concern registrar office in which jurisdiction said property is located .

Firstly,
1. You can file an application before the office of Sub-Registrar and demand all the property papers in respect of the property;
2. You can personally try to trace the 1st and 2nd owners and also file an RTI in that regard;
3. Make sure there is no legal case pending in respect of the property in any courts within the jurisdiction of the property;
4. Also make sure that the 3rd owner of that property. If all documents are in order, then that means he was the owner of that property and he has a perfect title which he can give to you.
5. Will need to assess every single paper in respect of the property then only appropriate adivce can be given.