Rights of married daughters on partiotioned ancestral property

20 Years ago My father & his four brothers partitioned ancestral property and constructed commercial complex (Jointly) We are two married daughters & single Son to my father. My father wrote will on my brother’s name assigning property rights of his part Recently my father dead & My brother executed will and mutated in Muncipality. As married daughters…How we have to demand for legal rights as it is ancestral property..? Joint Property linked with more than 20 successors of all my father & his brothers families...? How to get our property rights...? Please explain detailed solution 

Answers (1)

162 votes

Hi, property obtained through partition will be the absolute property of your father. However all of his legal heirs will be entitled to a share of father property as the seed for construction would have come from joint family properties in which daughters are also entitled to share. So you will need to file a partition suit to claim the share

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles