Right on fathers self acquired property

Hindu family from Maharashtra My grandfather hav two wife my father born from wife 1 and my uncle and her sister born from wife 2 my grandfather and my two grandmother and also my father are no more My fathear expired in 1990 my grandfathear expired before 1980,my grandmothear1 expired on birth of my fathear my grandmothear2 expired in 2000 me and my uncle wants to sell the property of my grandfathear How much share I will get from property (Property is self-acquired by my grandfathear)

Answers (2)

316 votes

Hindu can performed one marriage after 1956. If during existence of such marriage he performed second marriage then such marriage would be void marriage. As per amendment in year 1976 in Hindu marriage act Legal Child heir or and illegitamate children ( who born from void marriage ) are entitled equally in the self acquired property of such Hindu. So your father and uncle and his sister will get equal share. After death of your father share of your father will devolve upon legal heirs of father's branch including your self.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

81 votes

Who was the legally wedded wife of your grandfather ? You and your uncle can claim 50 /50 rights ? What about your uncles sister is she claiming any right? If you are grandson from a legally weded garadmother we can further investigate your family history and accordingly advise .

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles