Remedy for Act of fraudulence by landlord

I purchased a land from Mr.X which got registered at Howrah DSR on date 22.11.17. He got this land from his father (inheritance) via a SETTLEMENT in 1992. I did carry out a searching for last 20 years (from 2016). Nothing came out. Seller has this land registered in HIS name in BLLRO LAND RECORD MUTATION, he paid the tax as well. Now his brothers revealed that their father made a separate REVOCATION DEED followed by another SETTLEMENT in 1993. The land he sold, belonged to their mother. The seller has admitted that he concealed this fact. Now the seller's brothers are BLACKMAILING me to pay Rs.4 lakhs in cash, otherwise they'll resist the MUTATION PROCESS. I've PORCHA of the land in Seller's Name (applied for mutation, under processing), Tax Receipts, NOC (NOTARY AFFIDAVIT) duly signed by Seller and his brothers that clearly depicts they have no issues or obligations on this land against their brother (Seller).

Answers (1)

245 votes

Apparently you are in the awkward situation​ but don't pay any money further to anyone.Whatever property related documents available with you are required to be thoroughly examined before suggesting specific legal course of action to take care of your interest.For further instructions contact lawRato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles