no lawyer is giving a correct answer on this.

My mother-in-law has 2 sons and a daughter. She purchased a property in 1983 and gave it to my husband who was the last son, in 1990 through registered uyil with witnesses she clearly mentioned, that my elder son or my daughter or her/ his descendants has no authority on this property. This property belongs to my younger son, and his descendants, and she settled some money to them. in 1994 I built a home on it. but last year my husband passed away, now my brother in law and sister-in-law are telling this is our property, we will move to court. 1.but I got my legal heir certificate, 2.Municipal corporation property registration certificate on my name, 3.Electricity bill on my name. 4.i have got all the original patta, uyil, documents etc. Now what should I do? incase if they go and file a case on me, will there be a delay in the judgment? or to be on the safer side, should I file a Declaration suite, injunction on them in the court? or any other solution is there for this?

Answers (2)

347 votes

Good morning
For your matter you need to get consultation from a reputed civil knowledge lawyer
After verifying your documents only the advocate can give clear clarification for you issues and the next step what you can take
If you want further assistance please call me for consultation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

149 votes

In this case, always thinking twice before doing anything. You said property belongs to your mother in law and she executed Will in favour of your husband further possession already taken ( you said already you build the house). Finally, you got all legal documents don't worry just simply wait and just defend the case if they file any petition before any court. I have a vast practice in that area you can seek my assistance in your matter.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles