Legal query regarding transfer of joint ownership property

My mother held a property in joint ownership with my brother. My brother transferred his share via a gift deep, and now my motehr is 100 % owner of the property. Can my mother transfer via a gift deed entire property to her daughter (Me), or she requires my brothers consent.

Answers (1)

315 votes

Dear Client,
This property does not appear to be Ancienterial property, hence your mother can do what ever she thinks fit with the said property. No consent of anyone is required in transferring or gifting such properties.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles