Legal procedure to obtain stay on sale of property

Hello, I have my house in Faridabad. This house is shared by My father and Father's cousin. Now, my father's cousin are selling this property to someone else. Entry of house is mutually shared. Can we get the stay on sell?

Answers (1)

197 votes

Good Evening
As your query speaks that the residential property is in the name of your father and your father's cousin, you need to read and check the ownership papers of the property regarding any such clause which talks about the further sale, mortgage or any other business which two joint owners can do.And if there is no such clause that you can definitely file a civil suit restraining your father's cousin to sell his share in the house without having the mutual consent of the both.Kindly check the property documents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We bought a property where one of the female member in the family tree was not part of the property bifurcation. The registered bifurcation crossed 5 …

Read More

If a mother is a absolute owner of the property. Can she sell her property to the out sider. Without the presence of her childrens at the time of tran…

Read More

I am planning to buy a 30*40 site in Bangalore. They said it's yellow zone property but not DC converted. Can I do DC conversion after I buy it? T…

Read More

We registered a flat recently. We gave 6 DD's as payment. Now they started encashing it. 2 DD's have been rejected. Now the seller is telling …

Read More