How will ancestral property be divided amongst children ?

Hi, My grandpa has 2 brother , my grandpa Elder brother died many year ago and after his death all property taken care by her wife.Her wife do not had any child and because elder grandpa who died was in government service so her wife make a affidavit for a relative to adopt him as son so that he can get that government job. Perhaps 2-3 Years ago , few peoples in near town , try for registry all her property. During the registry when registrar asked to her about her property and when she aware about this fraud , she start crying on court in front of registrar. After this event , the relative adopted by her , District registrar and few peoples in village , given a written complain to police that her (elder grandpa wife) mental condition is not good. Perhaps 1 Year ago she died and after that we get to know that she has registry all her property to that relative after few days of above incident.My grandpa is alive and i have copy of that policy case, Please suggest can we do something.

Answers (1)

220 votes

It is joint property of your two grandfathers and one is alive, he can file a suit for cancellation of his share of registration. The widow grandmother is only entitled for her share. Exceeding to her share will be void and can be challenged by your grandfather or his legal heirs

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles