How to divide property amongst children after fathers death

How to register divided property from late father to their children? The property is in rural area of Mangalore. The situation is that my father had died 20 years ago & my mother is also died last year. My father had prepared a will to his 4 son & 2 daughter. Since 20 years we have not try to divide land. Now, we all decided to divide properties. But the property is under father's name and he is not there. I want to divide properties according to will of my father among us (6 children). What and all things required to register divided property? What, where and how to do that? Please anyone can help me out.

Answers (1)

106 votes

First of all you get death certificate of your father and mother. After you get the copaceners certificate or vanshavalli from concerned authorities. Certified Copy of will deed attach to partition deed. And register the partition deed at sub-Registrar's office. If you feel any suggestions you will ask me. Try to take help from any your local advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles