How to claim right in fathers property if father disowned me

I bought a plot from a person whom HUDA alotted and huda re-allotment the plot on my name later I built the house and got completion certificate on my name. After some time I transferred the house to my father(family transfer by paying 3000 rs as transfer fee). HUDA re-alotted the house to my father. My father disowned me and passed away. I have 4 brothers and sisters. Can I claim one fifth portion in this house as legal heir? I am from HIndu family

Answers (1)

181 votes

Hello, if your father had died without making any will, then you are definitely the Co owner in the said plot. You need to file a declaration suit in a civil court and seek the relief of declaration in your favour to the extent of your share. For further details you can contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles