Grandson's right in grandfather's property

We belong to Sikh religion.My father lives in their grandfather house for 20 years they have proof.My father's grandfather treat my father as their son. My father's grandfather has 4 children ,three son and one daughter .One son has died .My father's grandfather does not make a will for anyone .And now if my father wants a share from their grandfather property...is my father has right to ask for share .My grandfather if does not want to give share to my father...is my father can take action from their father.? Can anyone help me out from this problem.Is grandson has rights on their grandfather property?

Sasriyakal paji file a suit for admitted partition where three brothers and one sister give a statement before the court with ws we have no obejection to equal partition of everyone accirding to the appointment of local commissioner report.

The personal law governing Sikhs in terms of intestate succession (case where person has not made a will) is the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. All class one heirs have a right on their father's property but a grandson does not, unless he is the son of a predeceased son. i.e. if your father's father passed away before your grandfather then he will have the right to succession. Your father can file for a partition suit in the local civil court under which he is eligible for 1/5th share of the ancestral property.

Sir your father can apply for partition through the court and file the petition only if it is the ancestral property and if it is self acquired property of your grandfather then your father cannot claim any thing.