Grandfather bought a land, website showing that it belongs to temple

My grandfather had bought a land in tirupur in is registered in his name....we have legal documents...but now they are saying that the land belongs to tamilnadu website the land is registered in temple name...but we have bought loans from banks three times by keeping that property documents and repaid it....but now we cant get there any solution to transfer the property again to our name??

Answers (5)

303 votes

details given by you are ambiguous.If it is really temple land you cannot transfer it any more. Whether loan was granted by nationalised banks? because private financiers are financing money in exceptional cases too.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

165 votes

First,you must apply EC for the status of the land.and if your grandfather purchased the temple property or donated to the temple ,you can't retrieve it.otherwise,you can contact the District Revenue Officer for further details with in favourable of your EC and documents.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
230 votes

If you have all legal documents with you, pls verify with the government authorities document as how they are claiming it is a temple property? And also try to get legal opinion which is given by the Legal Advisor of the bank to know the Title and possession of the property. I feel it is a fraud claim, in that case approach civil court.

78 votes

The document owned by you needs to checked first, whether the land was originally transferred to your grandfather legally?, if so you can claim your right. If not the entire details to be seen then alone your problem can be solved.

138 votes

Before purchasing property, you have to scrutinize land documents by Civil advocate.what you told was happened in madurai also.recently in madurai tirunagar also.first you must ascertain your seller's title, how he got it and also ask patta,chitra, adangal,a register, tax receipt, encumbrance certificate, title deeds, no objection certificate from panchayat, now cmda or dtcp approval,whatever available.local rural bank also may gave loan, without much scrutinize your title, since you are in possession.if temple claim land from you, you can seek adverse possession, if you enjoy it more than 30 years.its a remote chance for you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles