Grand daughter claims share in grandfather's ancestral property

I am a 29 year old married woman. My father and mother got died when I was 3 years old. I am only child left behind my parents. Do I have right to claim my share in ancestral property . My Uncles ( Brothers of my father) are denying to give my share out of farm land( Ancestral land). My Grand parents died without writing a will. Please advise. Thanks in advance

Answers (1)

156 votes

yes you can claim .you have a right to claim because you are only child of your parents. hindu.succession act gives right to are a benficiary of index...1 of s uccession act 19 55,in case you did not tell that are you hind/mushlim

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles