Does succession claim as an NRI require a pedhi nammu to be completed

i was told i need to complete a pedhi nammu in my ancestral village in order to file a claim. IS this procedurally correct and what if I cannot find 3 sympathetic witnesses to testify on my behalf can I go to another village and get statements elsewhere??

there are three way to get or to be prove pedhi nammu are as:-
1. By the Tahasildar
2. By the declaration affidavit signed by two aged local witness
3. By the documentary evidence- birth certificate, passport, etc