Can grandson & wife claim right in ancestral property

Hi, My father and his 3 brothers sold ancestral property which was in the name of my Grand Mother after done mutation and freehold. They haven't taken my concern while selling the property 10 years back. All four brothers bought further property from the amount they have received from buyer and also use some own amount to purchase further residential property. In the new property which was purchased by my father with that amount and some self amount, is myself & my wife is having legal right in that property.....

Answers (1)

260 votes

any person can claim his share in ancestral property but he have no any right to claim the property of his father which is self acquired. according to your problem ancestral property already had been sold to anyone else and after 10 year of the transfer you are desirous to claim on the ground that new property which is purchased by your father is taken by money accruing from sell of ancestral property but which does not furnish ground to you to proceed because now new property is not ancestral.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles