Can ex-husband claim property if registered on wife's name

sir, my sister got divorced 3 years ago by mutual consents. now her ex husband asking for the property to give him back which he bought in past but the property is on the my sister's name. He is also threating us by saying that if we will not give him back he will come and insult us in front of society and he is also saying that he will forcefully enter in our house and vacant it in one month by any means. please suggest what we can do and Can he claim on this house (registry is on my sister's name) ? my sister and her ex husband now both are married to different people

Answers (1)

346 votes

When your sister is the registered owner of the property and the property is also in the possession of your sister then her ex-husband can not take possession legally. Your sister can file a police compaint against her ex-husband. Your sister can also file a civil suit in the court of civil judge for injunction and get stay order from the court. If you want further advice you can contact me without any hesitation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles