Can court attach the property transferred through GPA?

I'd bought a property in 2010 through gpa recently a FIR was filed against my father for 420 and 406. The complainant had implicated me in the case though I had neither received the payment from complainant nor met him in person or on phone. Now the investigation officer is threatening to seize my property against some warrant. This flat was brought on my own. I dont have any other place to live. I want to ask is there any provision where property occupied through GPA attached in recovery

Answers (3)

259 votes

Criminal Liability cannot be shifted from one person to another person under criminal law . Here you have purchased that property as your separate property and FIR got registered against you father in connection with the property which he purchased in 2010 through GPA i.e. a separate matter and you have no connection with this. So for if the IO is threatening to seize your property against some warrant in connection with the property purchased in 2010 through GPA by your father is not proper under the law. Even under property law there is no such provision where the IO will implicate you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

154 votes

Dear sir, you will get full legal help and support from me ,for this you need to kindly contact me for successful resolution of this query.With my crystal clear approach you will get to know about the appropriate legal remedy at your disposal.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
317 votes

Respected Sir,
As per query we have look into matter with all documents and evidence. We need to know in detail so that we can safeguard your property in context of law. You can contact us and police issue we will handle it

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles