Can an original will be challenged?

My mother handover the property to my brother which was in my father's name, after my father's death. And my grandmother also nominate my brother for her property and bank balance ,now he wants the property which is in my mother's name,what if she make a will and give all property to both of her daughters without giving a single penny to him.can he challenge the will and create any type of dispute in it.if yes then what will be the solution.

Answers (2)

222 votes

Clarity is needed in the property that he wants that's on your mother's name originally belongs to whome ?
Secondly how many sons and daughters are there. Thirdly if it's a paternal property then equal share division has to be done or else some party will challenge the division.
But further clarification is required.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

80 votes

the answer to your above query is in a positive.
a will whether it is registered or unregistered can always be challenged by filing a petition for declaration and in that case the sisters would have to reply to the same. it is also provided that the sisters can infact file a suit for letters for Adminstration or Probate before court of appropriate jurisdiction however the said Will shall be decided to be legal when it is tried by the court of law

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles