×

Can an original will be challenged?

My mother handover the property to my brother which was in my father's name, after my father's death. And my grandmother also nominate my brother for her property and bank balance ,now he wants the property which is in my mother's name,what if she make a will and give all property to both of her daughters without giving a single penny to him.can he challenge the will and create any type of dispute in it.if yes then what will be the solution.

Clarity is needed in the property that he wants that's on your mother's name originally belongs to whome ?
Secondly how many sons and daughters are there. Thirdly if it's a paternal property then equal share division has to be done or else some party will challenge the division.
But further clarification is required.

the answer to your above query is in a positive.
a will whether it is registered or unregistered can always be challenged by filing a petition for declaration and in that case the sisters would have to reply to the same. it is also provided that the sisters can infact file a suit for letters for Adminstration or Probate before court of appropriate jurisdiction however the said Will shall be decided to be legal when it is tried by the court of law