Agreement for property on rent

I want to give my commercial property on rent for 11 months through Notarized agreement. Is it fine? How can I register that notarized agreement? Tenant is not ready to go for registered agreement as he is not willing to show his income in it. Please suggest. Thanks

Answers (1)

108 votes

Query perused. As per the Indian Registration Act, the lease deed for a period of less than one year is not mandatory. Thus, executing an agreement on the requisite stamp paper and getting it notorised would be suffice. Just advise you to get a comprehensive lease agreement drafted through a lawyer. For further consultancy and legal services you may contact us.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles