what all action can wife take against husband under muslim law

I got married in 2014. till now things were ok but in laws have been influencing my wife. in May this year they took her to their home and are not sending back despite we going to take her back. they are telling other relatives that I do not take care of her. What preventive action should I take and what all action can they take against us?

Answers (1)

275 votes

They have all the options under the law to pursue against you. You might have heard about the Domestic Violence Act as well as the provisions under the Indian Penal Code. Your wife and in laws are at liberty to file proceedings against you and your family under the said provisions. As a preventive measure, assuming all the negotiations and parlays have been exhausted, you may move for the Restitution of Your Conjugal Rights, before Court. Further, do keep records of all the communications you have with your in laws, preferably in written form, Emails, sms etc.
Matrimonial disputes require extreme caution and diplomacy to handle.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
13 years Experience
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles