what all action can wife take against husband under muslim law

I got married in 2014. till now things were ok but in laws have been influencing my wife. in May this year they took her to their home and are not sending back despite we going to take her back. they are telling other relatives that I do not take care of her. What preventive action should I take and what all action can they take against us?

They have all the options under the law to pursue against you. You might have heard about the Domestic Violence Act as well as the provisions under the Indian Penal Code. Your wife and in laws are at liberty to file proceedings against you and your family under the said provisions. As a preventive measure, assuming all the negotiations and parlays have been exhausted, you may move for the Restitution of Your Conjugal Rights, before Court. Further, do keep records of all the communications you have with your in laws, preferably in written form, Emails, sms etc.
Matrimonial disputes require extreme caution and diplomacy to handle.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai