Car Accident

I have sold my car to buyer , buyer didn't transfer the ownership to his name. Car met with an accident and third party vehicle passenger has died and now received the summons from the court. > I have the delivery receipt for the proof of car sale > Car has comprehensive insurance during accident > Driver has valid Driving license > Accident happens during daytime Now how to approach the insurance agency for the claim and how can I come into picture in this incident ? Please suggest me

Answers (3)

325 votes

You have to appear before Court to prove your stance. If the present owner admits the fact the car was sold by you and the delivery receipt then you have a better chance to shift the liability to the insurance company.Contact me with all related documents before the hearing date.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

190 votes

You can definitely bring it to the notice of the court with appropirate documents like the delivery receipt that is in your custody. kindly appoint an advocate and present the same in the court so that your liability will be ceased.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
343 votes

The Court will fix liability on the Insurance company if you are unable to convince the insurance people. You are in safer zone, no need to worry. But you have to engage an advocate who is well versed in Motor Accident Laws. Sometimes ignorance of lawyers may land the litigants in trouble.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles