Action against person got injured during an accident due to his fault

A person aged 30-35 without licence and he is fully drunk and he crashed his bike in my father's car and the guy is in critical condition what if he dies?? And my father is not drive overspeed or he didn't consumed alcohol or anything... The full mistake is by the motorcycle rider and what is the legal procedure to do after.... And also the motorcycle is not belonging to him

Answers (3)

231 votes

After the accident the case will be registered by the local police station
In case if that person is died then criminal case under 304A Ipc provides death due to negligency , State has to prove .
1st we need check the FIR

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

Give a police complaint narrating the incident. Already police might have registered a complaint relating to the accident. Whatever it is help the victim injured in the accident for his recovery if possible. Proper advice can be given only after his discharge from the Hospital.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
274 votes

You need not worry about it. Check what the traffic investigation have filed in the first information report. If it is mentioned he his drunk he can't claim insurance too from you. So first check the FIR. Your father can't be held in anyways in the accident

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles