Procedure for Transfer Of Tenancy Right

I am a deemed tanent and elder brother .l got my own flat.father and mother expired.can tenancy will be transferred in my name ?

Answers (1)

200 votes

There is no concept of deemed tenant under Rent Act unless you claim as.licensee since before 1971. As per law a family member who is residing along with tenant, at the time of his death, can continue the tenancy right. If there are more legal heirs then tenancy right will be subject to between such heirs. If there is dispute amongst the legal heirs then they have to file inter pleader suit for getting declaration. Tenancy right is heritable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir i want to know what is the new law for mulageni... will it be abolished... and if the temple is the muladar will the right comes to tentant ???…

Read More

I have kept an tenant on rent for last 6 years. But I have been renewing the agreement every 11 months. Is there any possibility that the tenant has a…

Read More

Staying on rent for 40 years. Now owner gave property for redevelopment. the rented area is of 100 sq ft. What are out rights as tenants?…

Read More

Flat Purchased by my father in year 1960 in year 1974 With landlords father in laws permission kitchen platform was shifted to passage outside kitchen…

Read More