Procedure for Transfer Of Tenancy Right

I am a deemed tanent and elder brother .l got my own flat.father and mother expired.can tenancy will be transferred in my name ?

There is no concept of deemed tenant under Rent Act unless you claim as.licensee since before 1971. As per law a family member who is residing along with tenant, at the time of his death, can continue the tenancy right. If there are more legal heirs then tenancy right will be subject to inter.se.agreement between such heirs. If there is dispute amongst the legal heirs then they have to file inter pleader suit for getting declaration. Tenancy right is heritable.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers