Pagadi system policy? Rights of tenants

There is 50 years old bldg G+2 each floor has 2 room in Gaothan Mumbai surbaban. We are 4 tenants in building staying (G+1) the landlord and his wife is no more alive & there are 09 legal heirs of the bldg property (03 sons , 09 Daughters Where the elder son had takeover the property and Collect rent from us provide the receipt of RS 650/- in his name Where in last month Bmc issues notice to occupiers bcz landlord does not stay in the bldg U/s 353B of MC act to take structural audit of bldg and repair work for which we informed the landlord son to take necessary steps and report to the Bmc off bt he fail to reply to us for which we informed Bmc that no response from owners sons and we are nt in stage to take steps kindly let us know T&C under the act suggests us What shall be the steps taken by us on it? Whether any agreement to be made before the repair ? If we all tenant agree to repair bldg What kind of compensate we will shall asked from the landlord ? Or how to disolve i

Answers (1)

334 votes

This is my response to you:
1. You need to enter into a a new tenancy agreement with the new landlord;
2. Also the other legal heirs should give up their claim;
3. The redevelopment cannot begin till these formalities are completed;
4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."