Non payment of rent of commercial shop what should I do

I gave my shop on rent on 1/2/2017 for a period of 11 month but ever since I gave it tenant has not paid rent on time even single month. Whenever he paid rent I gave him a confirmation of payment ( receipt contain the date when rent paid, indicating the rent for particular month, I signed that receipt and also tenant have signed on those receipts). Which shows his payment history. Till 24/8/2017 he has not paid rent for July. I sent him text messages to pay but on 10/8 when I sent him first message he said that he couldn't withdrew 5k rent (per month rent) form ATM and after that he is not responding. I warned him that I have to take legal action but he is not bothered. Rent deed will expire on 31/12/2017. I am afraid that he will not evict property. It's mentioned in agreement that if tenant occupy the property after it will over without landlord consent then he is supposed to pay RS 1k per day. It's not a registered agreement. The agreement is through nottery. What should I do?

You must first send him a legal notice and then file a case for eviction and recovery of arrears and current rent. The agreement is a crucial document, and further advised will be given, once the same is seen.

Hello, your worries are obvious. If the tenant is not paying you rent on time, it is clear that he trying to breach the term of contracts with the landlord. Without seeing your rent agreement, the terms and conditions are not known. I suggest you to visit some lawyer with the complete set of documents related to the tenancy of the said accommodation so that he/ she may provide a corrective legal recourse.
My office is expert in these type of matters, you may also visit my office with the complete documents for a proper legal advice on the subject matter.

All the very best.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

u need to give him a legal notice and request him to pay the dues in one shot. in case he refuses you are at liberty to file a civil suit in the court concerned seeking vacation of your shop on the basis of non payment of rent.

Respected Sir, it is matter of court where it can be sorted out. This kind of matter are settled down in court. We are specialist in this matter we sort out this matter easily in the court. You can contact us.

First serve him legal notice for recovery of arrears alongwith the penalty with the help of good advocate. If he does not comply with the notice then you can knock the door of court of law. Court will definitely help out to you. No need to worry.