Legal procedure for recovery of outstanding rent amount & license

04-Apr-2023 (In Landlord/Tenant Law)
what are the legal point for recovery of outstading amount of rent from the telant and licensee if not paid regular payment. Can we stop their utility facitlity for recovery of oustanding rent.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
959 votes
You can send your tenant a Legal statutory Notice asking him to pay Rent within a period of 15-30 days failing which why action should not be taken against him for eviction of premisses in a court of law. A criminal case of tresspassing can also be filed against the tenant for wrongfully witholding the premises and threatening for non payment of dues.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."