Landlord Tenant dispute under Pagdi system st

Dear Sir The landlord is trying all means to evict my father who is a tenant under Pagdi system from 1978 for a residential property. Want legal advice of how to deal with this situation.

Answers (1)

252 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Firstly your father is protected under Maharashtra Rent Control Act;
2. Your father can send a legal notice;
3. He can also seek protection under the Act;
4. He can approach rent control authority and file a formal complaint;
5. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."