Landlord is not ready to repair the water likage happening in kitchen

Landloard is not ready to repair the water likage actually water flowing down vai pipe is blocked due which that water is entering the kitchen . . this happening second time first time when this happened they said there is some dirt stuck in due whic the water was entering. Now they pointing us and saying you repair yourself because water is actually coming to ur home. Actually water from is not going down connection is if doesnot go it enter house. There is metal harrsment which give by letting theit dog free and evry time we need ask them to tie the dog . Pls suggest wat to do abt this

Answers (1)

155 votes

The cost of such repairs can be considered as part of the maintenance costs paid with rent, however this must be mentioned in the lease agreement. In the event, such a term is not expressly contained in the agreement it must be interpreted for which I would have to look at the agreement. Depending on the wording of the agreement, your landlord may be obligated to repair the pipe.
As far as the mental harassment due to the dog is concerned as the actions of the dog can be interpreted as preventing you to enjoy your premises taken on lease, it would be beneficial to intimate the landlord of the issues arising from the actions of the dog.
If there is no action from the landlord, a legal notice would be the next course of action followed by a suit for damages if the concerns in the notice have not been addressed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."