Landlord is asking to leave the shop even after operating for 11 years

My shop is on rent ... landlord is a lady saying to leave the shop ... and next to my shop their is milk dairy shop and he is landlord (son-in-law) ... Son-in-law is blackmailing us ... first he asked to raise the rent ... we agreed by now saying to leave the shop... we e here for any 11 yrs ... what should I do ... help me

The fact remains that you are only a tenant not a land lord or lease holder. Irrespective of tenancy period you cannot claim a right to possession under the guise of tenancy agreement. At the same time, until the termination or completion of tenancy period agreed in the agreement, the land lord cannot evict you from the premises. Even assuming that you or landlord disputes anything with regard to tenancy, the land lord or you has to approach concerned rent controller court for necessary retention /eviction order.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers