Is tenant liable to pay in case of Electricity in the name of owner

I was at a property which I left 3 months back.Now all of a sudden by landlord is telling me that he had a case pending in court regarding an electricity bill for which I received a refund during my tenure as a tenant.I had asked him about this during my stay when I had noticed this in the electricity bill but he said that I don't have to worry about it.Now he says that he has lost the case and I need to pay him the money. Am i liable to pay?If yes,then why?

you are only liable to pay the amount of electricity which you consumed during the stay at the property not more then that. Your landlord cannot force you to pay the amount which you have not consumed. In case he does you can file a complaint.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers