How can I ask my tenant to vacate the shop legally

Hello, I have shop in Ahmedabad, I have given it on rent from last 8 years, I regularly make rental agreement of 11 month and 29 days. Now I want to vacant my shop from renter, i have already given verbal notice period of 3 month, but he ask me times of 6 month, I think he is doing something wrong, he did not want to vacant my shop because every time he says that i have no any another shop on rent. So what I can do? Is there any legal system for quick possession of shop? I have heard there is legal process but It will take more time to solve....

Answers (2)

53 votes


If the rent agreement has expired then you can get him evicted or find some loop through which you can get the same evicted. I mean default of rent or some default in his part .

Warm Regards
Kapil Chandna Advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

169 votes

yes you can immediately file a suit for eviction of tenant stating the bonafide requirement. It is a summary trial. The petition for eviction should be well drafted so that the opposite party has no other option just to vacate the property.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."